Rustom – Decent crime drama
Rating :- 3.5/5.0
- Akshay Kumar, who is the heart and soul for the film. He perfectly depicts the role of Naval Commander Rustom Pavri and stands out as the biggest asset for the flick. He maintains dignified postures and delivers short speeches which makes him pretty apt to this role.
- Second half, which is racier when compared to first half with ample twists and has got good dosage of humor.
- Music, neatly blends with the narration and elevates the scenes especially during pre-climax and climax blocks.
- Supporting Characters, all the supporting characters has given their best and strongly supports the content of the film.
- First Half, which is quite tedious and runs in a slow pace with repetitive flash backs.
- Director Tinu ,manages to transport his audience to 50’s period in Bombay, by recreating the era with the right hint of sepia tones, high waist pants but the opportunity of making the film more racier is sadly left unexploited.
- Climax, is bit unconvincing which deals with the outcome of murder case and handled amateurishly.
FINAL SAY :
On the whole, Rustom is a decent crime drama with top notch performances from lead cast and interesting second half. If you can simply manage the tedious first half and want to enjoy the performances especially Akshay’s then give it a shot.